Search This Blog

Latest post

Vegan Meatlover's Pizza

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Root Vegetable Hash

As the autumn season continues, I find myself zealously buying sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, pumpkins, and squashes. As time went on, I realized I still had a bit too much in my kitchen and they were going to go bad if I didn't use them up. That is why I created this delicious root vegetable hash with the various potatoes in my kitchen, packed with nutrients and seasonal flavors. Feel free to change up some of these veggies 


Root vegetable hash served with a side of toast


2 russet potatoes (large)
1 sweet potato (large)
1 red onion 
2 stalks celery 
salt to taste 
2 tsp pepper 
2 tsp smoked paprika 
2 tsp thyme
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional for heat)  


Chop up your sweet potato and potatoes into small cubes. In a microwave-safe dish, Microwave the sweet potato for 4 minutes to soften up. Then microwave the russet potatoes for 3 minutes to soften them up as well. As you soften the potatoes in the microwave, coarsely chop your red onion and celery. Then generously oil a pan and bring it up to medium-high heat. First add your sweet potatoes and let them cook for a couple minutes, flipping them and tossing them. Then add your russet potatoes and do the same until their edges begin to brown up. Add your onions and celery and being to cook them up with the potatoes as well. As they cook, season them with pepper, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Let them cook for about 3-5 minutes stirring them up constantly. The hash should be cooked now and can be served. Enjoy, and let me know in the comments what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers