Search This Blog

Latest post

Vegan Meatlover's Pizza

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Coming in for another fall-themed oatmeal recipe with this one. I, as many people around this time, become slightly obsessed with pumpkins. I have my pumpkin spice lattes in the morning, pumpkin cookies, and of course, pumpkin pies. If that isn't enough, here's my recipe for healthy, delicious pumpkin pie oatmeal. 

 

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal topped with pecans and flax butter

 

1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
2 tbsp pumpkin puree 
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup milk (I use soy milk)
1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I make my own blend shown below):
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp powdered ginger
    1/4 tsp clove 
3 tbsp sugar/sweetener (I use maple syrup)
1 tbsp chopped pecans 
1 tbsp nut butter (I used a chocolate hazelnut butter)

1. In a microwave-safe bowl, add your oatmeal, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and milk. 

2. Heat for approximately 2 minutes. Adjust viscosity by adding more milk if you'd like. While it is hot, add 3 tbsp sugar, and pumpkin pie spice blend. 

3. Top with chopped pecans and nut butter for healthy fats and protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers